The mission of the Iowa Association of School Librarians is to promote life-long learning and literacy in all its forms through active advocacy for school librarians and media specialists, media and technology professionals and library educators. Specifically the Iowa Association of School Librarians will:
- Articulate a vision for school library media programs in Iowa.
- Support the professional development of its members.
- Advocate for the school library/media program within the educational community, with governmental bodies and the public, emphasizing the connection between quality school library programs and student achievement.
- Work to promote reading and information literacy in our schools.
- Promote the effective use of media and technology in the schools.
- Support state and national guidelines for school library media programs.
- Consult with the Department of Education and the State Library regarding certification of school library media personnel, and standards for staffing, facilities and collections.
Who would benefit from membership?
Anyone interested in school libraries and information literacy
2017 Subdivision Officers
2017 IASL Spring Conference
April 2-3, 2017
West Des Moines Marriott
1250 Jordan Creek Parkway - West Des Moines
Keynote Speakers - Jordan Sonnenblick and Joyce Valenza
Click here for more information, to register online or download a PDF registration form.
Online registration available by clicking here.