The Iowa Library Association advocates for quality library services for all Iowans and provides leadership, education and support for members.
Interested in Joining ILA?
Let our membership section answer your questions about why you should be a part of the best resource for Iowa librarians.
Looking to Volunteer with ILA?
Click here for the ILA "I Can Help" form that lists areas where you can share your skills and get involved with ILA.
ILA Awards - Accepting Nominations Through August 1
For all nominations, complete the ILA Awards and Honors Nomination Form by August 1.
AWARD #1: Member of the Year
This award is conferred upon a librarian, trustee, friend or institutional member of the Iowa Library Association. The award shall be based upon such activities or accomplishments as the following and the nomination packet must include at least three letters of recommendation and support for your nomination in addition to the form:
- Outstanding service to the Iowa Library Association
- Community library betterment through broadened scope and quality of service
- Contribution to any area of service benefiting library users
- Distinguished service to libraries: outstanding participation in activities of a professional library association; notable publications and productions; creative work in interpreting the library to the community.
- Leadership in education and in-service training for librarians or trustees
- Extension of library services through cooperation
- Improvement in library techniques or management
- Development of library facilities
AWARD #2: Citation of Merit
This award is conferred upon individuals who have made outstanding contributions to quality library services or who have advanced the principles of quality library service to the community. This award may be given to a group of people or an individual. The recipient(s) will have influence and reputation beyond the local community. Either the nominee or the person making the nomination must be a member of the Iowa Library Association.
AWARD #3: Honorary Member Award
This lifetime award is given by the Association to a non-ILA member to recognize meritorious achievement.
AWARD #4: Ted Anderson Library Advocacy Award
This award is given to an individual in recognition of outstanding leadership in the Iowa Legislature.
AWARD #5: Lifetime Membership Award
This award is given to ILA Members of twenty-five years or more upon their retirement. Please notify the ILA office if you qualify for this award.
ILA Bylaws and Organizational Manual
Make plans to join us for the 2014 ILA Annual Conference in Cedar Rapids October 22 - 24. This year's theme is Iowa Libraries Make It Happen.
See you in October!